Almost missed this press release from the EC. Looks like it will keep a lot of people busy right upto 2015.
As well as suggesting a huge increase in the R&D Budget (!), the Agenda outlines seven priority areas for action:
- creating a Digital Single Market
- improving the framework conditions for interoperability between ICT products and services
- boosting internet trust and security
- guaranteeing the provision of much faster internet access
- encouraging investment in research and development
- enhancing digital literacy, skills and inclusion
- applying ICT to address social challenges such as climate change, rising healthcare costs and the ageing population.